Friday, May 15, 2009

Post traumatic stress syndrome and Grey's Anatomy

I think I am going to have to break up with Grey's Anatomy, as much as I have enjoyed it in the past, and I really, really have, it seems to do nothing for me now but cause me actual physical pain. I think I may have a touch of post traumatic stress syndrome surfacing here, its probably been there all along, but I feel like I've been feeling it a bit more intensely lately, and medical drama shows bring it to the surface.

Last nights season finale was full of drama and emotion, exactly what a finale should be, but all I was able to see was surgeons, hospitals, dying patients, grief stricken families, hope fading.....You get the picture right? I wasn't a viewer just watching a show, it was getting to me way more then it should have been, and my tears weren't just normal "Oh thats so sad" tears, they were "all my worst memories are resurfacing and its killing me" tears, not healthy. So, maybe no more Grey's for me, or Private Practice, or TLC medical shows like Mystery Diagnosis. Maybe I'll just stick to Disney movies and Tree House, thats the new plan, lets see how that works out.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment