Saturday, May 30, 2009

Patsy says it best.....

I fall to pieces
Each time I see you again
I fall to pieces
How can I be just your friend?

You want me to act like we've never kissed
You want to forget; pretend we've never met
And I've tried and I've tried, but I haven't yet...
You walk by, and I fall to pieces

I fall to pieces
Each time someone speaks your name (speaks your name)
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the flame

You tell me to find someone else to love
Someone who'll love me too (love me too)
The way you used to do (used to do)

But each time I go out with someone new,
You walk by, and I fall to pieces
You walk by, and I fall to pieces


Just substitute, in place of "walk by", "see your picture", "hear your name", "hear the word twins", "your brother does something cute", "your sister talks to your picture", "someone asks me how many kids I have", and so on.....

Of course, I don't try to pretend I'm just his friend, and I never try to forget, but you get the idea, something happens when I think I'm doing good at picking up and carrying on, something trips me up and, well, I fall to pieces.

I fall to pieces.

Last night was the worst night I've had in a long, long while. I can't say why, it just happens sometimes, but last night I came completely undone. This morning I had the headache and water balloon eye lids to show for it. I can't say I feel any better having fallen to pieces, but it needed to be done, and even though it takes its toll, I know I'll do it again.

I've been singing this song for the past few days, maybe it brought it on, maybe it was my subconscious warning me that these feelings were stirring, maybe its just a pretty song, but these words have been on my lips often throughout the day.

I fall to pieces
Each time someone speaks your name (speaks your name)
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the flame

Time only adds to the flame....

How true it is.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment