Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thank you Courtney!

My sister gave me a beautiful present today, I am so happy, and thankful!

She gave me a Reunion Heart Necklace, a lovely heart pendant, with a tear cut out, in remembrance of the one we lost, and a spot on the back to engrave an initial, its amazing. It came with a really touching poem, and of course, I cried. It really resonated with me, and she knew it would, because it reminded her of a previous post I made, talking about getting to Heaven to be with Everett again some day.

Here's the poem (get your tissues ready!)


Since Heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel I'm so alone;
and though we now are far apart
you hold a big piece of my heart.

I never knew how much I'd grieve
when it was time for you to leave,
or just how much my heart would ache
from that one fragment you would take.

God let this tiny hole remain
reminding me we'll meet again,
and one day all the pain will cease
when He restores this missing piece

He'll turn to joy my every tear
and when I wear this necklace near
it will become my simple way
to treasure our Reunion Day.

Its beautiful and I will wear it often, thank you so much Courtney!

On a different not, last night was terribly frustrating for me, I was overcome with such a huge range of emotions, from incredible sadness to absolute fury, but I was unable to express a single one. I had a fitful night and lots of bizarre and unsettling dreams as a result, but after today, after getting to explain things to my mom and sister, I feel resolved, so I am hopeful that tonight will be better.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment